Virtual Vertical – Alpe du Zwift Ultra
Are you ready for the ultimate cycling challenge? Join us for the Virtual Vertical – Alpe du Zwift Ultra and push your limits as you climb over 4,424 (Basecamp), 8,848 (vEveresting) or 10,000 (10K) meters of ascending on the famous Alpe du Zwift.
Everesting at it’s best
Push your limits as you climb over 4,424 (Basecamp), 8,848 (vEveresting) or 10,000 (10K) meters of ascending on the Alpe du Zwift.
Push your limits
With a unique and scenic course, this ultra endurance ride is sure to test your stamina and determination.
Saturday 4th of March
Pick your own starting time! Join us and see if you have what it takes to conquer the Virtual Vertical – Alpe du Zwift Ultra!
Virtual Vertical Calendar
|Date||Course||World||vEveresting Type||Length||Chat / Voice link|
|04 Mar 2023||Road to Sky||Watopia||Basecamp||106.3 km | 4,424 m|
|04 Mar 2023||Road to Sky||Watopia||vEveresting||207.3 km | 8,848 m|
|04 Mar 2023||Road to Sky||Watopia||10K||233.1 km | 10,000 m|
Before you even start to read the rules, please read the following -very- important information:
Your consideration of this challenge means that you are going to explore the limits of what your body is capable of. Know your limits, know the signs of breakdown, and be prepared to walk away.
Is it a race? Can I score points?
No, it’s not a race! In this event you’ll test your own limits, knowing that others are out there suffering with you.
Can I start whenever I want?
Yes, you can start at whatever time suits you but the majority of your ride HAS to be ridden on the 4th of March. We’ll have riders starting at different times of day, so you’ll always have company on the virtual roads of the Alpe.
Are there any event rules?
Yes, there are. Please find them below:
- The 4,424m / 8,848m is taken as your total minimum registered elevation gain.
- You may decide to push on past 8,848m to get to 10,000m, in which case your ride will also qualify for an Everesting 10K. It’s a two-for-one deal!
- It does not matter how long the ride takes, but it must be ridden in one attempt (i.e. no sleeping in between). Breaks for meals etc. are fine.
- If you want the official Basecamp, vEveresting or 10K badge set your trainer difficulty to 100%. This is NOT mandatory for our event though!
- Your consideration of this challenge means that you are going to explore the limits of what your body is capable of. Know your limits, know the signs of breakdown, and be prepared to walk away.
Can we chat with each other before and during the event?
Yes, we can! We’ve created a Discord Server to do just that!
Click here to join us!
Is there a Virtual Vertical Hall of Fame?
Yes, there is! Share your registered Strava or Zwift ride in our Discord Server and we’ll carve your name on the Wall of Legends!
Join our Discord Server
Our Discord Server is the best place to get more information, get help from our organisers and community, and to join in on all Virtual Vertical chatter before and during the event!