Hors Categorie Series
Get ready to push yourself to the limit and experience the thrill of competitive racing on extremely challenging courses! The Hors Categorie Series, powered by Team DIRT Racing, is bigger, better, longer and harder than anything we’ve hosted before!
Four hard and challenging courses with custom finishes. The races with lengths are around 60-70 km will test both your endurance and strength
Category Enforced individual racing and a balanced points structure (FIN, FTS, and FAL). Competitive experience for everyone!
2 Time Slots
From the 11th of March to the 2nd of April, join us every Saturday at 08:00 AM UTC and/or Sunday at 06:00 PM UTC.
Hors Categorie Series Calendar
Race 1/4 – Bigfoot and the Watopians (Watopia, 64.1 km | 694 m)
Course: Big Foot Hills with Custom Finish at Zwift KOM Reverse
Segments in play:
10.3 – 12.9 km – Titans Grove KOM Forward = FAL (KOM Cat. 4) / FTS
19.4 – 20.3 km – Zwift KOM Forward = FAL (KOM Cat. 4) / FTS
29.2 – 32.9 km – Volcano KOM Forward = FAL (KOM Cat. 3) / FTS
47.2 – 48.1 km – Titans Grove KOM Reverse = FAL (KOM Cat. 4) / FTS
Race 2/4 – Highlander’s Revenge (Scotland, 70.5 km | 846 m)
Course: The Muckle Yin (3 Laps)
Segments in play:
8.2 – 9.7 km Sgurr Summit North = FAL (KOM Cat. 4) / FTS
17.8 – 18.8 km Sgurr Summit South = FAL (KOM Cat. 4) / FTS
21.4 – 21.7 km The Clyde Kicker = FAL (Sprint)
31.6 – 33.1 km Sgurr Summit North = FAL (KOM Cat. 4) / FTS
41.2 – 42.2 km Sgurr Summit South = FAL (KOM Cat. 4) / FTS
44.8 – 45.1 km The Clyde Kicker = FAL (Sprint)
55.0 – 56.5 km Sgurr Summit North = FAL (KOM Cat. 4)
64.6 – 65.6 km Sgurr Summit South = FAL (KOM Cat. 4)
Race 3/4 – S’annonce difficile! (France, 64.1 km | 539 m)
Segments in play:
13.5 – 13.7 km – Marina Sprint Reverse = FAL (Sprint)
26.2 – 26.6 km – Aqueduc KOM Reverse = FAL (KOM Cat. 4) / FTS
30.2 – 32.8 km – Petit KOM Forward = FAL (KOM Cat. 3) / FTS
46.8 – 47.3 km – Aqueduc KOM Forward = FAL (KOM Cat. 4) / FTS
Race 4/4 – Alpenglühen (Innsbruck, 55.4 km | 1.269 m)
Course: Innsbruck 2018 UCI Worlds Short Lap with Custom Finish
Segments in play:
3.3 – 10.8 km – KOM = FAL (KOM Cat. 2) / FTS
19.9 – 20.3 km – Leg Snapper = FAL (Cat. 4)
21.7 -22.0 km – Sprint = FAL (Sprint)
27.1 – 34.6 km – KOM = FAL (KOM Cat. 2) / FTS
43.7 – 44.1 km – Leg Snapper = FAL (Cat. 4)
45.5 – 45.8 km – Sprint = FAL (Sprint)
Rules and Scoring
1: Overriding Principles
- Race within the spirit of the rules. You can see what we’re aiming for here so work with us. Don’t try to game the system if we missed a loophole. We want to find the fastest riders not the smartest sneaks.
- Be honest with your stats and recognise that when we are eRacing the appearance of honesty is also crucial! Don’t mess with your height. Don’t lend your account to anyone else to play with. Don’t find a massive weight drop the day before the Alpe du Zwift race.
2: Rider Requirements
- All riders must have completed 3 maximum effort RACES (minimum 20+ minutes per race) that count towards their ZwiftPower 3 Race Average in the prior 90-days to start in a HCS race. This is mandatory and easy to do. Failure to comply will result in results being annulled.
- Riders must have a fully registered ZwiftPower.com account that has enabled the sharing of rider data with ZwiftPower from your Zwift Profile Connections.
- Riders should ensure that races in this series are saved as PUBLIC to ensure transparency.
- In the event that a rider is reported to Race Control, then Race Control will request the original ZWIFT FIT file from the team captain via notification on Direct Message on Discord. This will need to be provided within 24-hours and failure to provide that FIT file will itself be a DQ for the rider in question.
- Riders must have accurate height and weight entered in-to their Zwift profile, either through Companion app or Zwift.com. Weight reductions of >2kg close to the event will require the rider to verify this with a weigh-in video.
- Riders are not permitted to change their height, weight or other biometric information from the point they enter the pen to when they exit the race. Failure to comply will result in a rider DQ.
- All riders must transmit power information to Zwift. This can be done by using a Smart turbo trainer, Smart bike or Classic ‘dumb’ trainer with a separate power meter. Not transmitting power information to the game will result in points being annulled.
- All riders must wear a heart rate monitor (HRM) that transmits data directly to Zwift. Failure to comply will result in results being annulled.
- HCS uses Category Enforcement (CE) to place riders into the correct pen. This process is automatically done based on rules defined by Zwift, which can be viewed here: https://support.zwift.com/en_us/category-enforcement-faq-rJ5CQrpvc
- Category Enforcement (CE) means that riders could start in different categories within the series, always in the minimum possible category on race day. However the race results for the league table are category-related, which means that only the points earned in the specific category are added to the overall result of the same category. Therefore we recommend riders who are close to a specific category limit to start directly in the next higher category.
4: The HCS Threshold
- If a rider does 0.2 w/kg over the relevant Category limit (double the normal Zwiftpower limit), and is 10w or more than the Watts Range for their category, in a HCS race then they will be disqualified with a WKG tag.
5: Individual Leaderboard and Points
- The Individual leaderboard is calculated to the accumulated Total Rider Points (Finishing + FTS + FAL points) of a rider in all HCS races of the same series.
- Finishing position points (FIN): are awarded to all riders finishing the race as per the table in 5.1 below.
- Fastest Through Segment (FTS): points are awarded to the top 10 times through the segment on each lap as listed in 5.2 below – in conjunction with the course schedule. Be aware some segments may be worth double points and some segments may not count so study the race details carefully!
- First Across the Line (FAL): points awarded to the top 10 riders across the segment finish line on each lap as listed in 5.3 below – in conjunction with the course schedule. Be aware some segments may be worth double points and some segments may not count so study the race details carefully!
- The results will be published on Zwiftpower.
6: Points Tables
6.1 Finishing Points (FIN) table
6.2 Fastest Through Segment (FTS) table
6.3 First Across the Line (FAL) Table – Weighted KOM points
Join our Discord Server
Our Discord Server is the best place to get more information, get help from our organisers and community, and to join in on all HCS jibber-jabber!